I think it's my vid card...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodonebales

In Runtime
About two weeks ago, my computer would just freeze up every now and then, and I think it mainly occurred when I was doing something video-intensive, such as watching a video or playing a game. It only happened maybe once every few days, so I thought very little of it. Now, it happens all of the time. I'm amazed I'm even able to type this message without it freezing up. It still mainly happens during video-intensive computing, but it takes a lot less for it to crash now.
I have an HD4850, Q6600, two sticks of 1GB Corsair XMS2, and I just tried a new PS, PC Power & Cooling Silencer 750W. I tried swapping the sticks of RAM, same problem, tried running the Windows 7 RAM checker, no errors.
I'm pretty sure it's a problem with my video card, as that would make the most sense, but I was trying the easiest fixes first before I had to replace my vid card. I updated drivers on the vid card, still same problems.
Any ideas? Or is it time for a new vid card?
Thanks,
-Scott

EDIT: Sorry, Q9300. Don't know if that matters or not.

By swapping ram, do you me slots?

Not sure on the win7 memtest, but d/l and run memtest boot cd and try it.

Also try atitools artifact scanner. It'll load just the gpu.

By swapping ram, do you me slots?

Not sure on the win7 memtest, but d/l and run memtest boot cd and try it.

Also try atitools artifact scanner. It'll load just the gpu.

You can find the Memtest here Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool. Also as patonb asked above ^, have you tried switching RAM as in slots? Also when you run the memtest, have you tried running it while 1 stick of RAM is in place; checking each individually?

Also is your PC heated, may be an overheating issue. Download Speedfan, Download SpeedFan - Access temperature sensor in your computer, and check the temperature of your CPU and HDD.

are you try to remove the video card and then play any video.
what happened?
i think it possible to happen video card cable may be loosed.
as above member suggest you check temp of CPU and post it.

are you try to remove the video card and then play any video.
what happened?
i think it possible to happen video card cable may be loosed.
as above member suggest you check temp of CPU and post it.

Don't think there's an integrated vid card for his motherboard, but if you meant taking out and putting it back in, making sure it's not loose then yeah he should try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom