I think I killed my processor...

Status
Not open for further replies.
now i might be wrong but from the pictures that i looked at of your processor it looks as if in the second picture a pin in the top left corner looks bent. if it is its probably your issue.

Ya it sure does upper left hand down just from the top.
i see the same thing its bent in, may be the pic can't tell.

I'll go check the pin you're talking about right now.

EDIT: Yes, it was bent. I straightened it out, and it didn't change anything :(

I think you might have done your mobo in before your chip... CPU's are pretty hard to fry unless you do some serious damage to them, and a bent pin and putting it in without the locking bar up won't do hardly anything to it. IMO, you shorted out your mobo somehow.

make sure your putting the processor in all the way because after bending a pin back sometimes they dont sit in the socket the best. just make sure its all the way down and if you can you should remove the processor of the heat sink and put new thermal paste on.

I think you might have done your mobo in before your chip... CPU's are pretty hard to fry unless you do some serious damage to them, and a bent pin and putting it in without the locking bar up won't do hardly anything to it. IMO, you shorted out your mobo somehow.

Ok.

Thanks to everybody who tried to help, I guess I'll buy a cheap mobo + CPU combo. At least it will give me a reason to upgrade slightly :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom