I spent $200 to break my computer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfwalls

Baseband Member
Okay, after a year of waiting I finally got a Thermaltake Armor series full tower. Oh it's so beatiful, and so big!

So I proceeded to remove everything from my old cramped, under ventilated case, and put it all in the new one. Something I regret at this minute because everything worked in there. I thoroughly cleaned all the parts, put some new Arctic Silver 5 on my processor, and carefully re-installed everything in the new case. Oh yeah, don't forget my new sata DVD-r with lightscribe technology.

I push the power button and am dazzled by the christmasy glow of all the blue led lit fans. I glance up at my monitor, and I see nothing. To my horror I see exactly what I had hoped wouldn't be there, "no signal". Oh the humanity. So I proceed to check all my connections. I make sure the jumper settings on my HD are correct. Everything is as it should be, yet nothing happens.

I hear the HD spin up, and I hear the whir of the new DVD-r drive, the processor fan, and the blue lights all go, but nothing happens. Not even the beep of an error code!

I have no way of swapping out any hardware to pinpoint the problem, but I'm leaning towards the MB right now seeing as how I get no beeps or anything. Everything gets power, but it just sits there idle after it starts. I re-installed everything back in the old case just the way it was, and nothing. I put it all back in the new case again, and nothing. I re-installed all the components and nothing. I reset the cmos, and nothing.

I gotta figure it out and order the parts soon. By tonight if possible, so any quick tips or advice will help. Even just a few "Yes, it's your MB." will encourage me to order a replacement.

Thanks ahead!

Take out the CMOS battery, wait 10 minutes, and put it back it to reset the CMOS.
CPU and video cards power plugs are in?

I'm in the same boat dude. My board wont finish posting now. I get error code 7f on the board, and of course the manual is no help. I'm guessing it is a video issue.

you guys can always send your rigs to me, post paid bot ways and I'll fiddle with them for free...no gaurantees! :D

check your cpu mounting
and seriously check your mobo mounting as well

I think the mobo is mismounted

check if the board is touching the Back of the Case (the side panel) that may cause shorting so check for that, try a CMOS Battery Removal, Faulty RAM Stick?

I have my cmos battery out on mine right now, if it still doesnt boot when i get home im pulling EVERYTHING out of the case and starting from scratch, then if that doesnt work, its time to RMA the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom