I recently built a new pc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

braz

Daemon Poster
i recently built a new pc. I have the KN8 SLI mother board, 64 bit 3200+cpu, x1600 pro 512mb vid card, and a generic 1gig of ram. My problem is when im about 3 mins into a game, it crashes and i get the blue screen of death. I downloaded a software called memtest. About 4% into memtest i have over 40 errors with the memory. Is the crashing cuased by my memory? plz help.

that means that your ram is bad or that you have it configured wrong if its duel chanel make sure its in the right slots ect.

ok, ty jcortes, i am going to try the ram from my dell and see if it works and put this ram into the dell because the dell is older and maybe it is compatible with the genric brand.

make sure that the ram is the same type, same pin number, and make sure the speed of the ram is equal or faster than that of the motherboard.

EDIT: also buy your ram off www.newegg.com or something instead of wasting your money buying from dell just make sure you know what type you need.

i tried the ram from the dell... nothing. i cant get a picture any more. It has been doing that since i built it. I can only get a picture if im lucky. gunna take it to a private computer serivice. most likely gunna buy new ram, not generic 1gig 50$ ram.

like i said make sure you get the right kind. have you tried the graphics card in another pc to make sure its not the card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom