I REALLY need some input!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

S0ULphIRE

Golden Master
I've just moved everything from my old case into my new HAF, and now nothing turns on?!

When I plug in the power all the mobo lights go on, but when I press the power button (whether that be the case power button OR the onboard mobo power button) absolutely NOTHING happens. No beeps, no fan movement, no hdd sounds.

I've reset the BIOS to no avail, checked that the psu is firmly plugged into the mobo (8 pin power + 24 pin)

Ideas plz?:(

Well #1, make sure the power and reset buttons are connected properly!

How are your fans plugged in? If its direct to PSU, you could unplug the MOBO power plugs, and short the power on pin to a ground pin and see if the fans spin up... and therefore if your PSU is working...

Given the light(s? there is more than one?) comes on, it sounds like your mobo isn't telling the PSU to turn on... which could be mobo, it could just be the switch!

I've got an Asus P6T, it's got onboard 'Power' and 'Reset' buttons. Both of those light up but don't work, so I'm fairly confident the problem isn't with any connections between the buttons and the mobo.

I'll give your other suggestions a shot. thanks!

Double check all your connections. Make sure all your stand-offs are positioned properly and your not grounding out. Are you using a floppy disk drive? The Power connector is easy to misalign.

I've just taken the mobo completely out of the case, disconnected everything. Then I plugged in the power cords and switched the psu on. Same thing still happens.

This is really weird, as pressing the power button really does nothing. It doesn't even drain residual charge from the system.

edit: just tested the psu by connecting the power and ground pins. Plugged in all 4 fans the HAF comes with, two sata hdd's and a dvdrw drive. The fans spin up, the hdd's make all the right sounds. what now? make good on my mobo warranty?

right the next thing would be to connect your MOBO up and manually short the 'power switch' pins together for a second or so... I just touch a phillips screwdriver between the pins. These are the pins on your mobo that connect up to the power switch on your case.

If that isn't working... dunno perhaps RMA..

Yar I have, did my HS and cpu as well as the ram and gpu, no dice. I'm sending it on monday to get replaced. ****! I was all set up to start Bioshock and Oblivion too :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom