I really need help..... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 07-19-2006, 12:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default I really need help.....

i need a place where i can get a free download of a driver for my sound....does anyone know wat kind of driver i need to look for, does anyone know of any good websites where i can git a driver free of charge, wat am supposed to look for.....HELP!!!!!!

Old 07-19-2006, 12:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie
Default Re:

Almost certainly all sound card manufacturers provide drivers on their websites which you can download for free...

First, what sound card / onboard sound do you have? You need to know the manufacturer and the model first in order to know where and which driver to obtain.

If you don't know what the manufacturer and type is or you don't know how to find out, you can download, install and run Everest Home Edition from: http://www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=4181. It is capable of listing all your system specifications.

Oh...and also, try not to purposely double post...http://www.techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=114463

|Desktop PC| |Macbook Air 13" (Mid 2013)|
|Windows 8.1 Pro (x64)| |AMD FX 4100 Black Edition 3.6 GHz @ 4.0 GHz OC| |Arctic Cooling Freezer 13 PRO| |Gigabyte Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Super Overclock 1GB| |ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 Motherboard| |Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD SATA III HDD| |Kingston HyperX 8GB PC3-14900 DDR3-1866| |OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular PSU| |NZXT Vulcan Micro ATX Case|
Old 07-20-2006, 02:44 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

If you're using Windows I would recommend you can try to just "Update the Driver" or "Scan for Hardware changes" under the System Properties>>Device Manager.

Windows is usually pretty good about finding a suitable driver for your card. If you follow the first post's suggestions, you can probably get a more accurate/vendor specific driver.

Just curious, are you requesting a new driver because it's not installed correctly or are you just getting no sound? No sound can be attributable to much more than just a driver...
"To err is human - and to blame it on a computer is even more so." - Robert Orben
Old 07-20-2006, 10:32 AM   #4 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via AIM to massacreinfallx

update your windows driver or go to the website of the manufacturer who made your sound card
Closed Thread