i need options fixing my friend's computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ok i know so far that it's a Dell, Intel Pentium Dual-Core. He cant play The Sims anymore n recently when he logged on to his computer (Windows XP), he says that the background shows on his desktop but no icons n such. I dont have it with me but i asked him to bring it over when he has the chance.

so what are my options to fixing this problem?

ill update on this problem later as i find out the reason why his computer is doing this.

Well so far all it sounds like is a corrupted profile.

Well so far all it sounds like is a corrupted profile.

hmm interesting.............i asked him if the CD/DVD drive is messed up or if The Sims CD is scratched, he said no n that other games work in it too. Really though i need the computer to see for myself.

Well really without the PC to do some diagnosis the only thing i can guess at would be a corrupted profile. Which would do something very similar to what you say.

Some profiles lose icons and dont load the taskbar while others dont load the wallpaper and other items. It is a hit or miss thing depending on how bad the corruption is.

Good news is it can be fixed easily.

Well really without the PC to do some diagnosis the only thing i can guess at would be a corrupted profile. Which would do something very similar to what you say.

Some profiles lose icons and dont load the taskbar while others dont load the wallpaper and other items. It is a hit or miss thing depending on how bad the corruption is.

Good news is it can be fixed easily.

sweet, ill let u know when i get the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom