I need help with two things

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do0dl3

Beta member
Well a while ago, my keyboard stopped working. I had multiple keyboards that did not work on my computer, but i brought them to another computer and they all worked. Somebody told me it was a power surge or something. I switched the location of my computer, and now the keyboard that came with my computer is the only one that doesnt work. Whenever i try and use it, it doesnt work, and when i turn the computer on with the keyboard in, it says Keyboard Failure. Does anybody know how this can be fixed?

I have another problem. I have this monitor, that darkens up, then lightens up, every once in a while, it will stay dark for a while then light for a while, and i dont know why. I tested this monitor with 3 computers, and it happens to all of them. Does anybody know why this is happening?

Regarding the keyboard, is it a USB keyboard?

Regarding the monitor it sounds like the backlight is going out (if it is a LCD) or the tube is dying (if it is a CRT).

Regarding the keyboard, is it a USB keyboard?

Regarding the monitor it sounds like the backlight is going out (if it is a LCD) or the tube is dying (if it is a CRT).

It is a USB keyboard.

Its a CRT, would i be able to replace this "tube" ?

USB keyboards sometimes do that. It's just the nature of the beast, I am afraid. At least you have a keyboard that works. If it was PS/2 it would have most likely been your port itself.

It would cost more than a new monitor to replace the tube. Start shopping around for a good, cheap LCD. CRTs are a dead breed (thankfully). You can catch a 19" LCD for around $100 on a decent sale.

Alright so i should just give up on the keyboard, and i should just get a new monitor?

with the monitor, think that could be some sort of weird power saving mode? Check around in your monitors menu and see if you find something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom