I need of help with Dell Dimension e521

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitherynetem

Beta member
Hello Everyone I'm new to Tech Forums, I hope you all can help me with this issue.

I have a “Dell Dimension e521” the processor was a “Athlon 64 x2 3200+” 2 weeks ago the processor went bam I started to look for a new one right away, I found a few that would have fit but I don't want a Dual core processor I want a triple the mother board can handle a “am2+ socket” so I searched and I found one processor that is a “am2+ socket and is a triple core processor” all I want to know from this post is will it fit my motherboard that came with the dell, the motherboard in the dell is the “Dell CT103 Motherboard Dimension E521 MT” and the processor that I found is the “AMD HD8550WCJ3BGH Phenom X3 8550 Processor - Triple Core, 2MB L3 Cache, 1.5MB L2 Cache, 2.20GHz, Socket AM2+, 95W, No Fan, OEM” now if there is no way to make this happen I know that this motherboard can handle “am2/am2+” but if this processor won't fit can someone point me in the right direction.

Thank you in advance -- Sitherynetem

It's highly unlikely that the Dell board will support a tri-core processor. It is not in Dell's best interest that you upgrade your board, we might be able to get better info about your pc if you post the service tag number on the pc. Judging from a board's specs here, it only supports the AM2 Athlon 64 (x2) and Sempron processors
UW457 CT103 HK980 | Dell Dimension E521 Motherboard CT103

Processors normally do not fail (unless they get cooked from running too hot) so you might need to do further research in the diagnostics of your pc before you spend money on something you might not need

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom