I need help configuring my router...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkaiser2500

Baseband Member
Getting straight to the point, I need help configuring my Netopia Cayman 3346 for online play.

I have a 1.5 mbps (153 kb/s) connection and everytime I try to play a PC game online I get disconnected right on the spot.

I don't get disconnected from the lobbies.

I have the both the tcp and udp ports forwarded for my online pc games but it doesn't help.

My operating system is Windows XP Home Editon Service Pack 2 with the firewall disabled.

I made sure no firewalls were on.

I don't know what I'm supposed to tweak or change in this router.

It is a NAT router and the firmware version is 7.5 0r1.

If there's anyway to disable NAT that would be great. I've heard that causes a lot of problems and I attempted to disable it in the past but was then unable to connect to the internet. It's driving me crazy.

Basically, all I want to know is what's the best settings for online play, what should be disabled, and what needs to be tweaked to improve my connection in this router.

I will try any changes / suggestions. Please, thank you.

well every router is different so i couldnt walk you through it. however a 1.5mbps connection is preatty low bandwidth for gaming that also could be part of the problem. try changing the router chanel aswell mabey some interference like a phone or microwave can make the connection quite sensitive.

hes also on a network sharing the bandwidth and we dont know what could be interfearing with the connection like a phone or microwave. he is more susepdable to disconnects.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom