I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazeD

Fully Optimized
I need help with my friend's computer.

Well long story short, my friend's computer died one day. I tried everything, it wouldn't work. It would start, then quickly shut back off shortly after. I really don't know wtf the deal with that was, but whatever. I took the video card out, put it back in. No video after that, however the computer stayed on now.

So we left it for a few weeks, and today I got bored and decided to try again. I took the video card out, checked all the pins, checked the pins in the PCI-E slot, all was good. I blew off the card, blew out the slot, stuck it back in making sure to push harder to ensure it was properly seated. Then, I took the RAM out, checked the pins, blew dust out, re-seated. Voila, I have video now.

So, now, it starts, I can access BIOS, whatever. It gets to a screen that says "please insert boot device" or something along those lines. I reset the CMOS in my attempts to fix it, so I'm not sure if that's why. I have it set to boot off the Harddrive first, and I tried messing with that and it doesn't help.

Will re-formatting the HDD fix this problem?

Thanks ahead for any suggestions, I would really like to get this fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom