I need to crack BIOS password

Status
Not open for further replies.

cnico88

In Runtime
I have recently added 2GB of Corsair DDR3 Memory (PC 12800) 1600 MHz and I noticed in all the software that the RAM is under clocked at 1066MHz. I need to go back into the BIOS and change it but I am asked for a password as soon as I try to get into the BIOS. If I don't provide the password I can still get in and see the BIOS, I just can't save the changes. I read online and I see methods of either typing something into the command prompt or removing some kind of jumper on the board. I already tried popping out the battery for a few minutes but the password is still there. I run on an Intel DX48BT2.

Popping the battery out for a half hour (with the computer unplugged, and once it's unplugged hit the power button a few times) it should reset andy settings to default in the bios.

You can also call the manufacturer and by providing them with your service tag number, they will be able to give you the password, unless you've changed it yourself in the past.

I fully removed the BIOS password with the jumper method and now my settings have been reset to factory settings. I need to reset them to regular settings. Here are the screen shots that I got. I need to run CPU @ 2.5GHz and RAM @1600MHz. Please let me know how to do this since I have never done it myself and I don't want to overclock either.

1-9.jpg

2-2.jpg

3.jpg

3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom