I need a cooling solution for cabnet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
I need a cooling solution for my work's server.

Currently both out SBS Server and CCTV DVR Server are located under a confrence table.

The CCTV server is fine as it's a low power Celeron 2600 with a Big Hard drive and a Skyview 4 Channel (soon to be 8 channel) DVR CCTV card.
However the SBS Server (see specs at bottom of post), as a problem. The SBS Server runs rather hot. Airflow inside the case is not the problem, I have installed extra fans both on front and back to in allowed for air flow.
It went is stored and locked up under this table
<-- Thumbnail. Clicky Clicky.
is where I have the problem.

This cabnet (155cm Wide x 60cm Tall x 53cm Deep) as has no air flow. We would like to keep the confrence table clear for when we do have to talk with some one. However when I storing the SBS Server under the able the hot air that is getting blown out of the case is just getting recycled back into the case again.
When I open the cabnet, I immediately notice that the air is about 10c warmer that what it is in the office. And the tower is extremely warm to touch.
And just about every 24 hours, we need to reset the server.
Mind you, if we keep the server out side of the cabnet, we don't have this problem.

We would like to keep the Server under the table as we use this able when we are talking with clients, reps and other big wigs. However with the fact that our server is falling over every 24 hours, it's preventing us from doing so.

I have put in the request for a proper server rackmount cablet, however at this stage we have not plans in doing that until next year.

So what I need now is any ideas on how I can move circulate approx 50 litres of hot air out of this cabnet.

Any ideas.

SBS Server Specs - Intel Pentium D 3.4, 4Gb DDR 533 Ram, 2x 76Gb Scsi Hard Drive (Mirrored), 4x Seagate SATA 320Gb Hard Drive (RAID 5), 1x 300Gb IDE Hard Drive, Gigabyte GA-8I945G LGA775 Motherboard, SBS 2003 Premium

actually, yes. i had this problem in my old desk, had to keep it locked cause little kids would open the cabnet and mess with the tower. in the middle of the door, cut 2 8in diameter holes, and cover them with speaker grillz on the outside, to make it look nice. in the inside, get some 8 or 9in diameter steel cover things(like a reaaaly big fan guard)and install that on the inside to keep intruders out, if its a necessity. and get 2 clip type fans, one for each hole, one for exhaust, one for intake, put some cardboard between the 2 so the cold air dosent immeadetly go back out. ill sketch something in paint.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 14
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom