I just built my computer, I have a slight problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

cliffbong732

Solid State Member
Ok, I just built my computer, everything was running smoothly until I went to go hook up the moniter. I realized I have no onboard graphics card. I also dont have a VGA port. Now the graphics card i did put in has a VGA port. I need to install the drivers for the graphics card in order for me to use the moniter. My question is, does anyone have any other ideas on how to fix this problem. Thank you

You don't need to install the video drivers before you can use the monitor. Just plug the monitor into the videocard and boot the PC.

The resolution will be horrible, but you'll be able to do everything you need to, like install drivers.

Every PC i've ever built, had no onboard video. You just install everything properly, including the videocard, then boot the PC and install all the needed drivers.

Before you install the videodrivers, install the motherboards, chipset drivers.... Then you can install whatever you want after that.

Then something is wrong with your hardware, make sure the graphics card is in right and try again. If that fails post back. Drivers do nothing until windows loads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom