I just brought a sony cdrw 523252 and cannot install it properly need of assistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosenbkr

Solid State Member
Hello folks, I have an AMD system and a 2800 AMD CPU. I Just brought a sony cdrw 523252 and tried to install it but I only get the control prompt in XP. It says:

Verifying DMI Pool Data.... PRI Master Disk: HDD S.M.A.R.T capability disabled.... I don't have anything under slave and master driver only my primary harddrive which is HDD.

Can anyone explain why my PC isn't reading the new hardware and why I cannot get out of the command prompt on XP. Thank You for any information.

Iv honestly got no idea(not cos its so hard just cos i dont have enough exp) but have u tried the obviuos things like making sure the HDD is connected up properly with power and to the motherboard?

Thanks for responding and experience takes time, never feel you cannot help someone due to lack of experience. I think it may be bios incorrection. The commands before the OS comes on. I think I have to change commands but I am not sure which ones to change. I hooked it up correctly but I think its Bios.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom