I Have To Turn On My PC TWICE:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

samuraiwarrior

In Runtime
ok so the problem is everytime i come home from school and go to turn on my pc the power light just comes on for a second then everything flashes on for like half a sec and shuts off.... then press power button again and it all stays on fine until i turn off my pc now i had the same problem for months and then the power supply blew up(sparks and all) so i replaced it cuz now its dead and still the same problem... but last powersupply was a greater delay between when i turn on the pc and it shuts off the first time( like 10-20 secs on first try power led come on nothing happens...half second flash off everything on the its all down) so this is a 500W power supply and im runng a dfi lanparty board a amd dual core 4400+, a 6600gt, 2 dvd drive, 2 sata drives, and 4 fans...1 gig ram....hope i can solve this odd problem :(

It almost sounds like it is in hibernation mode then you hit the power button and it shuts down.That is a weird problem. Is anything in your event log?

hello thaks for replying but the thing is the pc is off...so its not in hibernation, the pc is off i got turn it on and it just does nothing then flashes on the powers off right away,,,,, then i press again and everything is fine...almost certainly a hardware issue.

There should be a setting in the bios that you can change what the computer does when you press the power button. You just have to change the setting and it should power up with just one press of the button.

i think there is something in your bios which is configured wrong, which is causing an error. Try setting everything back to default settings.

if it truely were to be a simple bios setting why does only the power led come on for like 30 secs then it flashes on and goes off....and today when it went off it wouldnt respond at all so i unplugged it for like 7mins, then it did the usual on and off thing the first time and came on the second........so why was it completely unresponsive? i have a dfi lan unltra-d lan party board and noticed that when the pc is on the little light near the ram slots stays lit. and its as though the motherboard isnt transering the electrcity properly? its a brand new good 500w so it can be the powersupply(again)
help? :(

Ok, check that your cpu and gfx card and ram are all at acceptable heat ranges. Sounds like your pc is having to auto-protect itself by shutting down. check temps.

Have you tried checking your power supply rails? They shouldnt be too far off from 12v, 5v, 3.3v. There is a stickie on the top of this forum. You can check it with a multimeter or in the bios hardware monitor, or in windows with software.

It is possible that it could be a motherboard issue if he is getting the SAME issue with 2 different PSU's, unless the PSU's are the cheap $20-$30 variety.... in that case, wattage doesn't matter, they are all junk.

My thought is that the PSU are of low quality, especial since the store seems so willing to give him another one.

To the OP. Find out how many watts the first one was the died, and then how many watts the new ones they keep giving you are, and see if there is a difference. Maybe see if they could put in a good brand or brand new PSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom