I have a RAM problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
I've got 2 gigs of G.Skill RAM in my computer right now. When I ordered all the parts for the 'puter, I had ordered a extra gig of RAM, which was never used. I tried putting it in the computer again last night, but all it does is cause occasional BSODs. (I put it in before with the same problem, but never followed up on the BSODs or found out the problem) I know it is the RAM, because the computer never blue screens any other times.

I thought maybe it was a bad stick, so I ran memtest on the extra stick last night, but it passed. I have tried it in each of the remaining memory slots, to no avail. I don't know what's up with this, any ideas?

i'm not sure of course...but if:

example:
Timing 5-5-5-15
Cas Latency 5

is actually different on the ram, adjust to "auto" I'm just going by what my intel says. That way it can adjust if it's different. But I'm assuming all your ram would be the same brand/spec...if so, still see if there is an "auto" setting for it

The RAM is the same brand, same specs,ect. I did tighten the timings down to 4-4-4-12 though. I'll set them back at 5-5-5-15 and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom