I have no idea on how to fix this... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Closed Thread
Old 09-30-2005, 03:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default I have no idea on how to fix this...

My wifes mom brought her pc over to our house asking if I could look at it and fix it. So I said sure. Now when I set it up and fired it up, it goes to where it is starting to load. Then it stops and says that there is no keyboard and the keyboard is locked and to unlock it? Now I am at a loss, I cant even get past that point so I have no idea how to get around it. I hooked up the keyboard to my pc and it works, I tried to plug mine into it and still nothing. I am guessing something is wrong with jack on the MB, but I would like to have a better answer than "I think that is the prob".

Old 09-30-2005, 04:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Super Techie

Any dirt/grot/crap on the mobo connector side?

Tried using a USB keyboard?

Old 09-30-2005, 04:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Send a message via AIM to HAVOC Send a message via Yahoo to HAVOC

Well, it would really help if you could give us more information about the PC itself. Like Brand, Model Number, Procesor type, ram, ETC.... How many years old is it?

Is this keyboard PS/2 or USB?

Here is a quick thing to try. Unplug both the mouse and the keyboard from the PC. Boot the PC. When you get an error message about "no keyboard detected or keyboard error." Shut down the PC and plug the keyboard and mouse back in. Then reboot the PC. This might work...
Old 09-30-2005, 04:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Yeah I knew someone would ask for stats on it, She did not know anything about it. I dont know off hand what it is but will check it out tonight after work and get back on. I tried her keyboard that is ps/2 and mine that is usb, neither worked.

Thanks, Havoc2k5 I will try that and see what happens

Old 09-30-2005, 04:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
S e c u r e d

Do you have another Keyboard you can try on this machine ?
It almost sounds like a keyboard controller and not necessarily the keyboard itself.
Closed Thread