I have NO clue what is going on with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
just got off the phone with my uncle, he says that there is a nasty bug going around that has similar symptoms as mine (it appears that everything is working but no monitor signal or anything/monitor sticks on standby) he said first thing to try would be to try a new video card....tried that, didnt work, same stuff, then if that dont work id have to flash the bios and such, before doing this, has anyone else heard of this, my uncle's friend got it, his dad got it, and at circuit city they have 2 boxes there that have it, the tech at circuit city had no clue what was going on and was trying various things, my uncle has put more then 10 hours of work trying to figure it out, it is apparently a very sneaky bug, getting past full hard drive wipes, sitcks in the bios or something.

again, anyone hear of this?thanks.

curiously, it is to my understanding that when there is no memory in a motherboard is makes a long beep...so for shits and giggles i took out all my memory and i got no long beep. any idea what this could entitle? makes me a bit curious

ps: i would like to edit my previous posts but whenever i press edit it doesnt work so sorry about that.

The long beep means memory error. Definately replace your RAM, like if you have any spare lying around, or if you cn get some off your uncle.
The memory problem could also explain the boot problem. If the ram wasn't correctly seated, it sometimes does a 'no-monitor-or-anything-much' boot. Annoying, but luckily easy to fix.

no, with memory in there is no beep, with the memory out there is no beep, shouldnt there be a beep without the memory in?

also, just to double check the foxconn 915 should support the pentium d right? it is 915A01-P-8EKRS2

regards.

Do you have a spare pc you can test parts in? e.g. another pc to test your cpu, memory, and graphics card. It sounds like your mobo is fried. Test the parts mentioned above, and post back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom