i have just about had it

Status
Not open for further replies.

benzimm86

In Runtime
I am ready to destroy my desktop. When the computer was first built it did not really run that well. then about a week ago it crashed. i then figured i would just reinstall. That did not work. Tried swapping out the hardware. I have done everything except a new mb and processor (cd drive, ram, hdd, reset cmos..) it still wont install. i have also tried about 4 different xp disks, 2 win 2000 disks and nothing works. during the install i get the following error:

An erro had been encoutered that prevents setup form continuing. One of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed. A components file does not match the certification informatino present in teh component manifest. press ok to view the setup file.

setup file:

Error: sxs.dll: syntax error in manifestor policy file "d:\i386\asms\6000\msft\vcrtl\vcrtl.man" on line 16
Error: Installation failed: d:\i386\asms errror message: a component's file does not match the verification information present in the component manifest
Fatal Error: one of the components that windows needs to continue setup could not be installed. a component's file does not match the verification information present in the component manifest

after that is when i pulled out the cmos battery. install seemed to be going well but then with 10 min left progress stopped. the xp feature screen that tells you about xp would keep changing but would not continue with install. i tried to reinstall again and still doesnt work.

Your suggested fix worked great. I had to fool the system by building a mock up of the directory tree of:
I386/asms/1000/msft/windows/gdiplus/ I copied over the gdiplus security file and the gdiplus man file but replaced the gdiplus dll file with the one downloaded. It worked great. My situation is that the reinstall (upgrade) of my XP locked up during install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom