Status
Not open for further replies.

bbbworship

Beta member
ok let me post the specs first

AMD athlon 64 3700+ 2.21 GHZ, 1.5 gigs of ram

nvidia 6800 GT

ASUS A8N-SLI Premium Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 SLI ATX AMD Motherboard

ok this problem has been going on since i booted up the comp for the first time. i installed world of warcraft, and to my horror, i had to greatly turn down a lot of the graphic settings to get decent frames. the same thing happened with call of duty (a 3-4 year old game i might add). i dont understand, and i really wish someone could help me get this problem fixed

who makes your 6800gt? like EVGA or some lower-level brand? you may have a bad card. i've heard of that happening sometimes.

Thats the common problem of todays computers. You spend a lot of money and all you get is problem! personally, I sold the old one, bought a laptop for work and wait for PS3 for gaming. I recommend you to do the same. And about your problem, I have a friend which runs an Internet Cafe in Ýstanbul. He has Fx5700 on all computers but the games works perfect! Actually you dont need 6800gt or stuff to get better performance. Sometimes SP2 cause many problems on computers, there were many people who were complaining about that when it first released. And uninstalling it doesnt fix the problem. So, install windows again and dont setup SP2.

cyberarmy198 said:
Thats the common problem of todays computers. You spend a lot of money and all you get is problem! personally, I sold the old one, bought a laptop for work and wait for PS3 for gaming. I recommend you to do the same. And about your problem, I have a friend which runs an Internet Cafe in Ýstanbul. He has Fx5700 on all computers but the games works perfect! Actually you dont need 6800gt or stuff to get better performance. Sometimes SP2 cause many problems on computers, there were many people who were complaining about that when it first released. And uninstalling it doesnt fix the problem. So, install windows again and dont setup SP2.

I sort of disagree with you. I agree that SP2 and windows can cause all sorts of problems but I have just upgraded from a 6600 to 7800GS CO. I had problems with the new card so I reformatted the hard drive and did a fresh install of windows. In the mean time I had to send the new card back and resorted back to the 6600. In HL2 I was getting about 30-40 fps with the 6600 and when I got the new 7800GS CO and used that with HL2 I got 70-80fps, all with the same settings. So upgrading does give you increased performance. I do agree that you have problems, the new card was faulty and had to be sent back for replacement but the perfprmance incrrease with my new card is very noticeable. I can play COD2 with everything maxed out st 1280x1024 and still get a very good frame rate.

i completely disagree and i liek when my computer goes wrong hwo i learn n now ive so so much to he point of stopping the common problems before they happen so my pc's generally fine..and the ps3 is going to be around 800 GBP over here that with a game as u cant buy just console on its own for that money you can buy build a descent pc whcih can do a lot more

snypercore said:
i completely disagree and i liek when my computer goes wrong hwo i learn n now ive so so much to he point of stopping the common problems before they happen so my pc's generally fine..and the ps3 is going to be around 800 GBP over here that with a game as u cant buy just console on its own for that money you can buy build a descent pc whcih can do a lot more

Personally Id like to help people for their hardware problems and but i hate it when it happens on my computer! Problems make me crazy when i got work to do! I know that dealing with problems is the only way to learn but computer is a critical machine for a college student or anyone else working. When I see a broken machine I jump on it and try to fix. It is fun to deal with problems unless they happen to me :)

update: sorry i was tired last night, and meant to say 7800 gt :)

it is by evga

k gonna read all the replies now

oh, another problem, i can't bear using wireless adapters anymore to get to the internet, and since this computer is stationed across the house to where the direct cable modem is, the signal is always extremely weak. there's an extra slot in the main modem, so would it be possible to run a wire all the way upstairs and hook it up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom