I have found the solution for fps dropping in FEAR

Status
Not open for further replies.

memory

Daemon Poster
I have been having problems with fps dropping while playing FEAR. There is a thread about it on here. I tried installing different drivers, installed a different card than nvidia, nothing I tried worked until now.

It was my usb keyboard and mouse causing the problems and it seems to be mainly Logitech products. I confirmed this by playing FEAR and when the fps dropped, I unplugged the mouse and keyboard and the fps went back up. It seems to be a problem with the way the game is made. I have not had any problems with any other games.

Here is where I found out about this: USB Mice/Keyboard causing FPS Issues? - Frag On Sight

I either have to quit playing FEAR or give up my G7 mouse and wireless Logitech keyboard:( There is another option that has to do with disabling HID compliant devices. Haven't figured it out yet. Here is where they talk about that: Sierra Community Forums: G5/G7/G15 + FEAR ! Solved ! (F.E.A.R.) ...

I have tried using ps2 mice and keyboards but there is something wrong with the ps2 ports on the mobo.

I am glad I got this figured out and glad that it does not have to with the computer itself.

Good fine mate, I'm sure this will help out other ppl in the same situation. We get a lot of hits from Google searches for stuff like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom