I have a computer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

eXcellence

Beta member
Hi guys,
I have two problems and it would be much appreciated if you could help.

PROBLEM 1:
So my laptop is just acting very poorly. It's an Inspiron 6000 made by dell. Basically, its way to slow, it doesnt freeze, but after im on it for a while it gets to the point where i cant do anything except shut it off by holding the power button. Are there any great ways I can just clean it out and getting it back to normal. I have adaware, system mechanic, avast antivirus and have used other programs all to slight or no avail! Thanks guys.

PROBLEM 2:
My regualr comp, the moniter goes black after 2 seconds. If i turn off the moniter then back on, i have picture for two seconds, then its gone. The green light DOES NOT turn orange it stays green so its not like it goes on stnadby. The computer still functions there is just no picture. Thanks for all your help!

Problem 1 (solution):
-Try downloading Tuneup utilities 2006 off a torrent
-defragment ur HD

Problem 2 (solution):
-might be video card issue
-try a different monitor on that PC, if it works then the old monitor is toast ,if it doesnt as i said; it might be video card problem

Question #1 - make sure you dont have too many programs running on startup...if you want to disable a program so it doesn't start when the computer is turned on, go to Start>Run> type "msconfig"..then go to the startup tab and uncheck the programs you dont want...also check that you have enough page file....

Question #2 - do as sylwek said..check and make sure all the connections are secure on the monitor/computer...also try a different monitor...

Thanks for all your help guys.

I defragmented the computer, twice actually, then i performed error checking also which in the end did not help. I cant install the program you gave me, tuneup utilities because I cant install in safe mode and regualr mode is busted!

I also did the startup program thing and have done it in the past and all programs i dont want have already been unchecked.

The computer problem i havent worked on yet. Thanks for youer help! any other suggestions would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom