I have 8 computer and one tv plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

d1343

Beta member
Hi
I am sure most of you got idea what I am trying to do..
I have 8 computers, and I have one tv,
I am trying to do PC TO TV.
for all 8 computers on ONE TV.
I want to view each computer screen on different channel number.
please help me
how I can do this
Thank you.

I don't think I've ever heard of a TV which can do this, unless it has 8 seperate inputs.

dude I am sure, I remember my uncle transfered his dvd player to tv channel number 13, he had like 10 tv recivers and he transfered each of them to different channel numbers. I am sure there is way to do for computer to differen tv channel number
I really want to do this.

If you have a VGA input on the back of the TV you will be able to use a 8 port KVM but bewared after 4 port KVM's they get ugly and pricey.

Two possible ways I can think of:
1) KVM
2) Receiver (with the right inputs and output)

either of them would mean you wouldn't be changing the channel directly on the TV but instead switching between the inputs on the device.

Two possible ways I can think of:
1) KVM
2) Receiver (with the right inputs and output)

either of them would mean you wouldn't be changing the channel directly on the TV but instead switching between the inputs on the device.
Exactly why i said it cant be done with 8 PC's. You would NOT be switching the channel on the TV but instead on the KVM Switch itself. No TV has inputs for 8 PC's. Which would be the ONLY way you could possilby do it the way you wanted.

Since no TV has a connection for 8PC's it cant be done the way you want. Even a high end receiver that kmote was suggesting is still not going to have enough inputs for 8PC's. At most i have seen is 4. Which would make it extremely expensive to run multiple receivers just to do it the way you want.

There is a BIG difference from running a DVD Player or multiple recievers to a TV. I can do that. I have done that with 4 receivers and 8 DVD Players, 4 VCR's and so on. That is simple. But you can't do what you want with 8PC's to a single TV. Not by switching the channel on the TV and being able to have that channel select a different PC. Can't be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom