i hate my water cooling, should i go back to air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
when the door is closed and not in front of my air conditioner, the processor gets like 48 c(venice 3200)
when it had the stock HSF, clockgen got it to 2.74 without a 1 degree rise at all..... no airconditioner
, not even to mention my 7900gt, which has that really crappy TT vga block, the mounting bracket is the worst invention ever, cpu is the stock TT block and i only have one radiator but two fans pushing out on it, the second one i bought leaks :(

the resevior is a custom clear in the floppy drivebays

would it be worth getting 2 new blocks(dangerden cpu, and swiftech gpu) AND a radiator(pump and res. are doing fine)?

or go with air cooling? lots of options there and cheap.

any feedback would be good if its thought out....

0729061336.jpg

whats a good cpu and gpu block go for?

im such an idiot for getting the bigwater.......

i can get the dual output cpu blocks cause my res. has two intakes, those look like the work really good(dangerden), but there are like rectangular, not square, do they still cover the whole chip and just hang off the sides?

Um, first you need to smash your head into a cinder block for buying TT Big Water.

Second, or, if you want to do this first, get rid of it, and buy all new stuff. Although, yes this is costly, the TTBW is horrible, as you have experienced.

vipercrazed said:
i can get the dual output cpu blocks cause my res. has two intakes, those look like the work really good(dangerden), but there are like rectangular, not square, do they still cover the whole chip and just hang off the sides?

Most everything from Danger Den (single part wise) is very good and reliable. Chances are, it will hang off the sides, but that's no big deal.

CPU, Danger Den TDX (if you have AMD S939).
GPU, Maze4 works fine. DangerDen does have a WB specifically for the nVidia 7800/7900 GPU line, if you wish to get that.

http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=229&cat=58&page=1
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=150&cat=48&page=1
http://www.dangerdenstore.com/product.php?productid=231&cat=48&page=1

Links are in respective order to mentioned product.

well i only lost about $70 im still gona use the pump and radiator that works. the pump is worth atleast $60

Although you only lost about 70, you're going to pay at least that getting new blocks. The best CPU block, BTW, is the Swiftech Storm. Not Rev2, either. The original. I think they are getting harder and harder to find, though.

i see, micro jets, eh?, not too shaby, whats wrong with rev 2? cheaper made or somethin?

that pressure comming out of that must be insane it might leak on the intake fitting cause the coolant will get backed up...

the reason my 2nd radiator leaked was because in the coolant loop in came right before the cpu block and the cpu block has a small channel of flow so the tube before it needs to be checked WELL. the o-ring no matter how perfectly tightened still would not hold under pressure, i knwo this cause over night, turned off, that same connection did not leak 1 drip.
lesson: always have the pump right before the cpu block

about those $130 blocks for the 7900gt, **** no waste of money, i just want a vga block, i have mem coolers on now for it, copper ones.
i cant belive it, here goes another $100..........
well not if i just find a way to mount the vga better, alot better

i was describing this rectangle danger den before,
http://www.frozencpu.com/ex-blc-232.html?id=5Kh3Lmvo

Rev 2 has more restricted flow.

About that rectangle block, yeah it'll hang over a little, but not enough to matter.

bump, can some1 suggest some top of the line air cooling,
cpu and gpu

im seriously gonna compare the price of two new blocks to two new air coolers top of the line, thnx

give me alot of choices too.

so far in lookin at thermalrite 128, andscythe infinity cause it has a fan, i really dont se how these coolers are good all they are are cooled heat pipes, there isnt any direct heat dissapation like a stock amd HSF which has the HS right from the processor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom