I flashed my mobo and now my PC wont boot up normally, help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
My mobo version was 1.8 n i just flashed it to 1.B, highest available. Now my computer wont boot up normally without me using the Windows CD to use a restore point. Any advice on what i can do n look at to fix this problem?

UPDATE:

i seem to be working fine now. I am booting the HDD first n not my boot disc. I think me disabling quick booting in BIOS fixed the problem. Hmm idk wierd. Why would i get such an error when im simply just flashing to the lastest update? I dont get it.

Depending on which version of Windows it is, during the install process Windows takes an inventory of all hardware in the system and basically marries itself to it--thats why if you upgrade more than 3 major components windows will require you to re-register. Sometimes when you flash the bios to a newer version the system (windows) thinks its an entirely new motherboard and could cause you some problems, such as having to boot from the cd so it can update its driver database

Depending on which version of Windows it is, during the install process Windows takes an inventory of all hardware in the system and basically marries itself to it--thats why if you upgrade more than 3 major components windows will require you to re-register. Sometimes when you flash the bios to a newer version the system (windows) thinks its an entirely new motherboard and could cause you some problems, such as having to boot from the cd so it can update its driver database

Well it seems to be working right now. I hope it doesnt happen again.

I had the same problem just last night. I flashed my Mobo and it asked me to fix a problem or start windows normally. When I did and I was pretty sure this was going to happen, all my settings went back to normal, I lost my OC and everything else I had changed.
But what NoNameNY said I believe is the case. Windows is nosey and if you make the slightest change it wants to butt in. Big brother is always watching!! haha

I had the same problem just last night. I flashed my Mobo and it asked me to fix a problem or start windows normally. When I did and I was pretty sure this was going to happen, all my settings went back to normal, I lost my OC and everything else I had changed.
But what NoNameNY said I believe is the case. Windows is nosey and if you make the slightest change it wants to butt in. Big brother is always watching!! haha

Not so much nosey (thats google's job) but they want to make sure that an end user doesn't use the same cd key for multiple machines--heaven forbid they lose a sale or two

UPDATE: It keeps happening. I get this 0xc0000225 error. I got past it by reseting BIOS n then try starting Windows normally. On stock settings now. Idk if i want to reset my computer n then it wouldnt work again. Should i re-flash my PC back to 1.9v using a floppy or 1.B again?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom