I didn't know this could happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techxnolyze

Beta member
Well, I got on to my computer last night. It was running fine when I noticed that I had some objects in the recycle bin, I opened it and there was nothing there. Thereafter the computer locked up when I decided that I would empty it to see what would happen... I got the results. It froze and I was forced to do a hard restart, I did so. I was then plagued with a series of beeps, one that I don't even come close to recognizing, and then one of my IDE drives failed to recognize. I shut off the computer and then turned it back on, got the same set of beeps but then my drive registered, but then didn't register in windows. I'm going to run Memtest when I get home from work, just to make sure that something memory related isn't causing the slow down. (No, I haven't disconnected the drive yet.)

So, It's starting up, recognizing, registering, and not detecting. I know for a fact that if I killed the drive it would fail to even recognize, it wouldn't even start. I've dealt with many dead hard drives with none that match this description. I'm frustrated and quite frankly ****ed off because there's probably something simple I can do that someone out there on this forum might now.

I appreciate your feedback when given and I would be happy to answer any questions as they arise.

Have you tried to reset your bios back to default? Have you tried to use F8 to boot into safe mode.?
It almost sounds like you lost some windows files .But not sure about that. Kinda weird for sure.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom