I cannot type using my "a" key.

Fizzikz

Beta member
I am typing using the a key because it was rebound to a different key on my keyboard. I just smacked the key and pulled off the keycap and it does not physically work anymore. It is still responsive, and the switch doesn't look blatantly broken. The keyboard was expensive, so I think it will be cheaper to replace a switch than get a new keyboard.. I just need to know beforehand if anyone thinks that is a bad idea. I've never worked with computer stuff before so i'm not sure what to do. When I press the button, it does not register as me having hit a key. The key does literally nothing, it just feels like if the keyboard was turned off and you were trying to type with the key.

How did it stop working? Did you ever spill liquid over it? I've had keys not working like that on my laptop, I just replaced the keyboard. Try plugging the keyboard in a different computer and see if the key works on that.

Well it's probably physically broken then.

Is it a mechanical keyboard with something like Cherry MX switches? If so...how good are you at soldering? If it's not a mechanical keyboard with an easily-replaceable switch...time for a new keyboard.

Back
Top Bottom