I am a tech in need of more options to trouble shoot no visual on-screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chosenbkr

Solid State Member
Evening Folks, I am need of options. I am troubleshooting, what I feel is a video problem or memory. The client informed me her video from a huge flat panel TV short circuited some how. When this occurred, the PC was connected to that TV that short circuited.

I know about ESD damage, yet all seems to function except video output. Diagnostic's I performed Introduction Dell OptiPlex GX260 (Desktop); running on Windows XP Problem PC comes on but no video display What works on the PC CPU Motherboard Power Supply Hard drive Over-all loads (CD, power lights, Floppy, other LED lights up) What may not work?

Memory molecule Video Adapter Troubleshoot Performed Replace lone memory molecule with compatible component Installed Video Adapter (PCI Slot) Changed AC Power Cord a few times Tried different locations for AC Power Tried different monitors (CRT and LCD monitors).

What I feel may be the issue Video adapter (integrated on the motherboard) Faulty memory bank (easiest component on the motherboard to fail from ESD) I/O Panel damage (visual was connected on the I/O Panel).

Do you get a beep code at post? The motherboard should detect if the memory is bad if it is damaged.

It could have caused damaged to many other components connected to the motherboard as well.

Do you get a beep code at post? The motherboard should detect if the memory is bad if it is damaged.

It could have caused damaged to many other components connected to the motherboard as well.

I agree. Actually it sounds like the MB is fried. My old HP did the same thing. It would even boot (it still played windows sounds). Turns out the southbridge overheated and killed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom