HUGE problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sirius_GTO

In Runtime
Ok guys. I'm pretty frusturated right now. My computer's power got cut off when I got back. I thought nothing of it other then a hard shut down. So I go to boot it up, and I keep getting this message that states if I should start in safe mode or start with last known good configuration or start up normally. I've tried all the options and i keep getting stuck at the windows loading with the bar (its windows xp pro). I've tried millions of times, I even took everything apart and reinstalled everything. Then I changed my BIOS to default settings. NOTHING WORKS.

so I got sick of it and wanted to install windows xp, but it wont even boot from the cdrom drive. Even when the boot priority selects the cdrom drive as first...

what is going on guys? PLEASE HELP ASAP.

Uh well, I can't help you with your problem, but you need to resize your sig before you lose your privleges. Search it and you can find out the max size.

try formatting the Hd on a different system and then try booting from the cd, u might of gotten a heavy virus which is screwing around with ur PC.
also when u put the Cd in the drive does can u hear it spin or does the light on the drive blink?
if not u got a power supply issue

well, i cleared my cmos. It loads up now windows XP. I can't recover or anything now so I had to do a complete INSTALL :(

that means I've lost everything right? :(

thanks guys

when u cleared th BIOS and got it to work why did u format the HD ?
u can recover the files from the HD by using:
-Recover My Files 3.9.5.4951
-SpinRite v6.00 Release 1 RC

no no no. I resetted the bios to default and it wouldn't boot still. so after 20 tries, i cleared the cmos. finally it read the cd rom drive. It still would not boot but it would read the cdrom drive. I then proceeded to recover my OS but it failed. So i had to reinstall a new WINXP. I assume I can't recover my old stuff...

No, you cannot recover all of your old data. I just had this happen to me, and had to reinstall XP.

What I am doing now is backing up all my important data to a flash drive, such as Essays, Bank Statements, and the like.

I suggest you do too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom