HUGE problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord AnthraX

Fully Optimized
Ok so I was loading Windows XP and My power suddenly went out, the whole house.

Crap.

Reboot, XP loads, not all the way then a REALLY Quick BSOD and it automaticly restarts.

Specs:

DFI lanparty Ultra-D/ nF4
Opteron 175
2 x 1 GB G.SKILL Ram
550 Antec PSU
150 WD Raptor (the corrupt Hard drive)
200 GB WD SATA (music, movies)

And yeah.

So I put in the winodws XP disc looking to format the drive as it sems like my only hope. So as I change the boot order, then put it the cd and let all the stuf load on the blue screen with windows XP setup in the top right corner load. So after everything on the bottom loads, I get Another BSOD that says it's a hardware error. it tells me to reboot and now im stuck.

Things I have done:

Tried doing it on the 200 GB alone, Same error.

Tried with 1 stick of ram on the top (I know this probably wouldnt of helped any way)

So Im kinda stuck.

I dont really know what to do and Im thinking I should just bring my 200 GB to a freinds house, put linux on it and boot of that, then format the 150 of of linux, but I really hope there is another way I can do it.

Any ideas.

wait? what? huh... explain something....

you mean booting to the XP Intallation Setup screen from CD, gave you a BSOD? (IT actually exited the Setup screen and poped up a Error screen were you need to manually shutdown the comp?)...

...or did it just give you an error message at the Installation Setup screen... such as "No HDD present" or "Cant locat HDD" or something like that?

Its Not a BSOD (sorry) but a checksum errror and it's stopping to prevent damage to hardware and it's as far as I can go.

Cant format and I cant boot into windows.

the Harddrive has nothing to do with it.

Lord AnthraX - you mean Even befor you can boot to the winXP CD... the BIOS gives you a CMOS Checksum Error, right?

...if so, Reset your CMOS and try again.

(unplug comp, move CMOS jumper(next to battery) to pins (2,3) for 5seconds.... then put it back on pins(1,2)... then plug comp back in and try booting again).

jolancer said:
the Harddrive has nothing to do with it.

Lord AnthraX - you mean Even befor you can boot to the winXP CD... the BIOS gives you a CMOS Checksum Error, right?

...if so, Reset your CMOS and try again.

(unplug comp, move CMOS jumper(next to battery) to pins (2,3) for 5seconds.... then put it back on pins(1,2)... then plug comp back in and try booting again).

Yes when I put in the cd you know how you get the blue screen and windows setup and all the drivers are loading, well when its all done and it says Windows setup loading, it stops and then I get the cheksum error.

And I did try resetting my CMOS. Unplugged everything, moved the jumpers and took out the battery for 10 minutes, put it all back in and moved the jumpers back to 1-2 and I know the CMOS were cleared becuase my overclock was gone wich is no problem

Ok so I reset the CMOS and I ran memtest86, no errors so I try the orange slots, PRESTO MAGNIFICO!

its all working now.

Now its time to go download linux....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom