HT cpu =no boot or post

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaron_mcd

Solid State Member
i pulled a P4 ht 3.0 ghz CPU from what was thought to be a mobo fried pc when i put in a pc who boots with a celeron D processor , it will not boot or beep and nothing on the screen but fans and hard drives spin ?

i checked BIOS but can not find where to enable HT if i have to ?) and i looked on mobo manufactures website and the cpu support list list all p4 as compatible\

would i dead CPU result in no boot or beeps or video ? or is there a config setting in BIOS i have to change (i looked but i see nothin about HT )

thanks all

is it possible the first time i put the P4 in that i did not put it in correctly or would it beep if i installed it incorrectly , i was sure it was level , heat sink fan spun , and lever was down

EDIT: somebody better know or i will be sad

first of all.. funs and hard drives spinning, have nothing to do with
the boot. those devices just take power from the power supply.

you said that you pulled out a cpu from a fright motherboard.
propably this cause problems to the processor.

i suggest NOT to check the processor on another system because you may cause damage to the other system also. i think most propabilities there are on damaged cpu.

thanks for the answer , it did not damage the system however also i knew that the fans and what not had nothing to do with tho CPU i was stating that there was a slimmer possible it was say the HDD fault for not booting or rolling out that the system did not over heat because fans were spinning .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom