HP Presario driver help

fallenapples

In Runtime
I reformatted an HP Presario CQ56. I am trying to get the drivers for it's network card and its chipset drivers but cannot find the model number on the bottom. None of the numbers match HP's website models. I managed to install the AMD drivers via Catalyst. These are the only numbers located with the product key

584037-001

X16-96072

PRODUCT KEY

00196-157-482-930

I reformatted an HP Presario CQ56. I am trying to get the drivers for it's network card and its chipset drivers but cannot find the model number on the bottom. None of the numbers match HP's website models. I managed to install the AMD drivers via Catalyst. These are the only numbers located with the product key

584037-001

X16-96072

PRODUCT KEY

00196-157-482-930

Software & driver downloads Compaq Presario CQ56-115DX Notebook PC | HP® Support

If thats the correct laptop see if the drivers for the network card may help.
You can use cpu-z to find out the mobo model if your uncertain.

Open up Device Manager
On everything that has a yellow exclamation mark, do the following:
Right click -> Properties -> Details tab
Post the following info for each item that has a yellow exclamation mark:
Under "Hardware Ids" in the dropdown, it should have something like VEN_####&DEV#### ; post that section, where #### = some alphanumeric combination.

I don't have any exclamation marks and in cpu z and it says model 1604. I updated the wireless network card with an ethernet connection. It said it updated but does not work.

Do you have the wireless switch turned on?

If it's a keyboard key to toggle it on, i've seen with hp's you need to install their keyboard driver or software utility to make the Function keys work.

Sent from my HTC One

Back
Top Bottom