HP Pavillion G6 fan not working

diqon16

Beta member
I've been having issues with my laptop fan not working for months now. I took the fan out and cleaned the entire laptop, had the fan tested and it wasn't broken. Is the problem with my mobo and what can I do to fix this. Please help

Post the full model # of your laptop - should be a sticker on the bottom that has the full model #.

May need to check for a BIOS update - I remember some laptops needing BIOS updates that fixed fan issues....I just can't remember if they were HP G6's or not.

Post the full model # of your laptop - should be a sticker on the bottom that has the full model #.

May need to check for a BIOS update - I remember some laptops needing BIOS updates that fixed fan issues....I just can't remember if they were HP G6's or not.
Thanks for looking into my issue sir. My laptop model is HP Pavillion G6-1050ex. How can I update the BIOS?

Last edited:
Go to start -> Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) and press Enter. A System Information window should come up - click on 'System Summary' -> look under the "BIOS version/date".

Looks like the latest BIOS version for your system is F.66:
HP Software and Driver Downloads for HP Printers, Laptops, Desktops and More | HP® Customer Support
Thanks a lot for your help carnageX somehow the fan was set to "disable" in BIOS. Looks like the I got the same version F.66. It's working now but for some reason the fan doesn't seem to provide enough cooling for the CPU it gets quite hot. I can hear the fan spinning but is there any way to adjust the fan speed?

Glad to hear you got it re-enabled.

Adjusting fan speed? Not really on a laptop. The controllers are usually pretty locked down.

What are the temps you're getting? May need to get a cooling pad.

Back
Top Bottom