HP Pavillion Desktop PC Displayes No Signal But Turn On? Help.

Gho5t

Baseband Member
So I got this PC from a friend to help fix, but I cant seem to find the problem, its a bit dusty inside, and everything seems to turn on: the power supply green light lights up in the back, the case fans start up, the cpu fan start, and the motherboard USB sockets work. But when I plug in a cable to the motherboard onboard video it does not dislplay no video onto the screen. Ive tried both dvi and vga, with many different screens that I know work, but no signal on all and the cable do work because ive tested with my computer. Anybody know a solution or can help me find one to fix this?
-Gho5t

What is the model number of this computer?
If a video card is installed, plug into that.
Here are some Ideas:
Try cycling the RAM, reinstalling the CPU and making sure that it is supported, be sure that the motherboard is not shorting, ensure that the heatsink is contacting the CPU correctly, try a new PSU.

It is an a6300f HP Pavillion.
Their is no video card installed. Only has onboard video which that doesnt work.
I cycled the RAM
I reinstalled the cpu it is default factory cpu.
How to make sure the motherboard isnt shorting?
Heatsink is contacting the cpu correctly.
And for the psu, it turns the computer on, all lights and fans are on and usb gives off power to my keyboard to light up so it sounds lie everyhting is working excpet the video? Even the cd rom drives are opening.
Anymore ideas? Thanks
-Gho5t

If you have a spare GPU, try using that instead of the onboard video to see if you can get any display to come up.

try this, take mobo out... take off all stikers and heatsinks and thermal paste... get some foil cover up the capacitors, and lay the mobo on foil on a cookie sheet and turn ur over on to 375 degrees an bake it for 8mins and no longer.. take it out let it cool and install everything back on... this process is called a REFLOW check it out on google.

And really its only for problems that are from bad soldering. That should never be a general troubleshooting step... that step is for if you KNOW that's what the problem is.. not "something to try".

I have tried that already still no signal.

Go ahead and make plans to get the motherboard replaced and possibly the cpu for socket compatibility.
From reading this whole thread thoroughly, its sound like the motherboard will not initiate the onboard or GFX slot anymore.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-B75M-D3V LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard

Newegg.com - Intel Pentium G640 Sandy Bridge 2.8GHz LGA 1155 65W Dual-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX80623G640

Both of these items is worth it, if its for another individual show them this, your bound to get away with murder for a price like this and on a tight budget.

Back
Top Bottom