hp pavilion dx6650us laptop woes

Status
Not open for further replies.

PcRepairGuys

Solid State Member
I have this laptop I am working on. It had no power, so after diagnosing the prob i decided to replace the mobo (refurbished from getpartsonline.com). Well, still no power. The blue light is on at the power plug and on the front of the laptop showing power (cycles off after about 20 sec). Pressing the onboard power button also does nothing. Fan dosen't work, no post, nothing. Removed all from case. Only using mb, cpu, powerbutton, ram, psu still no power. Checked psu w/multimeter and it's good, continuity of power button is good. Removed and reseated cpu and ram, nothing. Mobo is producing power throughout but will not start anything. It has me stumped, any clues ?

I never got that far into laptops, but I wasn't aware that:

Laptops had a "onboard power button", unless you meant the power panel.

"Only using mb, cpu, powerbutton, ram...", wasnt aware that you used more on a laptop... I thought all other devices are onboard..

Sorry if I'm noob at this, but I never messed with a laptop more than replacing RAM.

I never got that far into laptops, but I wasn't aware that:

Laptops had a "onboard power button", unless you meant the power panel.

"Only using mb, cpu, powerbutton, ram...", wasnt aware that you used more on a laptop... I thought all other devices are onboard..

Sorry if I'm noob at this, but I never messed with a laptop more than replacing RAM.

What I mean is that I disconnected, both hd's, dvd drive, camera, lcd, and remote sensor.

HP laptops are known for major problems, mine had the graphics chip fail and I had to get a new board put in (it seemed to POST and everything but the display was not connecting, not even the external monitor would work, the GPU had become disconnected). Mine's a dv9700t, but I know someone who just had an HP tablet fail (would not POST or anything), he tore it apart and put it back together and it randomly started working 30 minutes later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom