HP pavilion dv7 laptop

XIII45

Beta member
Older model, not entirely a sure what year. It's had issues turning on and powering the LED that signals its getting power. So I start dismantling it and see the CMOS battery is loose. Plugged it back in, no issues. Yesterday my girlfriend picked it up and pulled the charger off the table with it. Basically killing it. No LED's, nothing even after trying a replacement charger. So I start taking it apart again, CMOS battery and all cables as im going through are fine. Finally got it to the motherboard, at this point I don't necessarily see anything wrong or out of the ordinary. So I figure it's the cable from the charging port to the motherboard. I pulled it out, plugged it back in. Plugged the charger in to check if I was getting power and everything was good. As soon as I got the monitor back on and plugged in I wanted to check again to be safe. Nothing. Sitting with it dismantled I've noticed sometimes while I'm messing with the cord it'll light up but if I unplug the charger cord and plug it back in it stops. I'm guessing it's a short in the wires between the motherboard and the charging port. Any help or recommendations would be appreciated, maybe I did something wrong? Any thoughts help.

Back
Top Bottom