HP Pavilion 760n, Blank Screen!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ghetto geeksta

Solid State Member
When I boot up this computer, it shows the video card info, then goes to a blue screen thats says HP Invent, after that goes way, its just a blank screen. I went into the bios, set it to the default settings, after I save the configuration, the computer reboots and does the same thing, just a blank screen, cant get to safe mode, last know configuration, or anything, just a blank screen. No error messages, just one beep. Where do I go from here?

Do you see a blinking "_" up on the top left.

No the matter, this is most likely your hard drive dropping dead. Unhook it, and see if after POST, it will give you an error, as not bootable device is enabled.

no blinking, Im thinking its the hard drive too, because I cant access anything on it.

So I go into bios and enable boot-time diagnostic, with the hard drive connected, the boot-time diagnostic screen flash for like a half a second and goes away. With the hard drive disconnected the boot-time diagnostic screen stay up for few seconds searching for the hdd the I get a message saying Disk boot failure, insert system disk.

Im going to do a hdd diagnostic test on it just to make sure, but its an IDE hdd, and my computer thats working only has ATA connections, so Imma buy me a hdd adapter, to hook up the hard drive and do a test on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom