Hp has to cycle 3 times before showing video

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshK

Solid State Member
Ok I have a 3 year old elite hp. I have been through everything and I cannot figure out why this is happening when my computer restarts or I shut it down and turn it back on.

I have to hold the power button to shut it off turn it back on and do this 3 times before it will boot, before anything will show on the screen . Once i do that everything works fine perfectly fine

any suggestions?

Thats one thing I havnt tried yet ... I thought about it several times but the fact that it has to cycle exactly 3 times is just whats bugging me about the whole thing lol

Ill have to try a power supply sometime soon and see. I bet your right my instinct was tellin me power supply I just didnt wanna believe it :)

I have tried a new power supply 850 watt and that did not fix the problem i still have to cycle the power 3 times to get video on the screen and it start booting

What version of Windows are you running? When was the last time it shut down properly? Have you checked your Windows files for integrity?

I just reinstalled windows 7 from scratch.... I unplugged all the hardware from the computer hard drives, dvd drives, everything except video card.... it wont show video unless i power the computer off and back on 3 times then it will pop up on the screen so i dont think its operating system issue at this point im just trying to get it to turn on the first time i press power instead of getting a monitor that says no signal

and the last time it was shutdown and turning on properly was about a month ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom