HP dv8000 laptop IRQ port conflict

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustOwnin

Solid State Member
My sound had been skipping hard and my laptop had been running slow even though I had no viruses, a clear hard drive, and a freshly defraged system. After reading a passage in my PC Lab Connectivity book about IRQ conflicts I decided to check out my compute rand low and behold I had an IRQ conflict

(PCI) 17 AC97 Soft Data Fax Modem with SmartCP
(PCI) 17 ATI MOBILITY RADEON Xpres 200 Series
(PCI) 17 Conexant AC-Link Audio

(PCI)19 Standard Enhanced ICI to USB host Controller
(PCI)19 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller
(PCI)19 Standard OpenHCD USB Host Controller

(PCI)20 SDA Standard Compliant SD Host Controller
(PCI)20 Texas Instruments PCIxx21 Cardbus Controller

(PCI)23 Texas Instruments OHCI Compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller
(PCI)23 Texas Instruements PCIxx21 Integrated FlashMedia Controller

I dont know if having all those USB controllers on the same IRQ is good or bad. But I know having a MODEM, video, and audio drivers on one is killing me (17).

Their all plug in play so when i go to Device Manager and try to uncheck use automatic settings so I can change it it doesnt work. Can't move anything around cause I'm on a laptop. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it doesnt work. It all just goes back to 17. I havent set a system restore point either.

When I pess ESC on bootup to get to the bios i look around and I dont see anything about changing the IRQ.

Can someone tell me a way to do this or point me towrads a program that changes IRQ ports for me?

I'm not so sure that there not supposed to be the same IRQ ports. I believe the motherboard in the laptop has the on board LAN Video and Sound if so it may need to be the same IRQ. Why don't you post your specs and the Laptop name and number so I can get a better look at it.

HP pavilion dv8000 17' inch screen
AMD Turion64 2.0 ghz
windows xp media center
ati radeon xpress 200m 128mb
2 80 gig hard drives
DVD+-R/RW CD-RW combo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom