HP dv6700t - Progressively Slowing Internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndrewGS

Baseband Member
I've got an HP dv6700t CTO (Intel T7500, 3GB RAM, Intel 3945ABG, Realtek RTL8101E, Vista Home Premium 32-Bit) that I bought new in February. The speed at which my browsers (IE, Firefox) render pages progressively slows to a crawl, then a halt. Sometimes even my weather gadget can't connect to it's server if I'm using the browser during one of it's slow fits. It seems not to effect the actual download speed as direct downloads are still speedy. It does this not only on WLAN but LAN as well, and not only on my LAN but every LAN. I can restart and all is well for a while, then it slows again. It's done this since new and I've got anti-spyware, anti-virus, firewall and cleanup software installed.

I have a caution icon on my 6TO4 Adapter and WAN Miniport under the Device Manager. The 6TO4 Adapter "cannot start" and the WAN Miniport drivers "cannot be loaded". Clicking "Check for solutions" does nothing as only a little window pops up for a fraction of a second. I'm not even sure these issues are of any relevance to my slowing problem.

Any ideas?

i've found that torrenty progs even though using 10% of my bandwidth totally destroy my web browsing capabilities

Here you go: http://www.techist.com/forums/f70/log-review-183126/

Thanks

xykoazshit said:
i've found that torrenty progs even though using 10% of my bandwidth totally destroy my web browsing capabilities

Yeah, but I'm not running any torrent or P2P programs on this machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom