HP computer mod problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.

grkbar

In Runtime
Okay. So I had an old HP Pavilion lying around that was past its time. The hardware was not up-to-date and was very slow if I say so myself. I recently upgraded my current system and took the older mobo, ram, cpu, and video card and put them in the older Pavilion. The computer booted up fine and I installed multiple software and even browsed the web a little. I could not get the sound to work so I then installed a creative audigy 2zs that I had lying around. After installing the sound card and rebooting the system, I still did not recieve any sound. However, when I was playing around in the control panel trying to get the sound to work my computer shut down on me. I tried to reboot it but nothing comes up. I just get the orange light on my monitor to come on. The power and HD led's are both solid( and on). I tried wiring my new psu to it thinking that my new hardware is too much for the old psu to handle, but still nothing happened. Then I switch video cards thinking that the card had fried. That was not the case either as the new and older cards did not work. The AGP slot also is still getting power as the GPU fan is rotating. Lastly, I took the RAM out of the slots and then put them back in to make sure they were secure. I do not know why this computer would work for 2 days without a problem then just died when I was trying to get the sound to work after I installed the audigy 2 zs audio card. (The system came back up fine after installation). Please help

cpu- amd 3000+
mobo- A7N8X-E Deluexe
ram- 1 gb pc3200 (2x512)

The thing is that it was working fine the first 2 days after I built it. However, it just turned off randomly on me after I rebooted from installng my audio card. I tried taking the card out and did no good. When I hit the power switch everything runs, but the monitor gets no display. The light says orange. As stated in my original post, I have tried other graphics cards and psu's but no luck. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom