How to verify motherboard is failing? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Hardware Repairs and Troubleshooting
Old 10-28-2012, 11:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
Wizard Techie
Default How to verify motherboard is failing?

So I've been putting this off forever, just letting my desktop sit there. In this thread, it was suggested my mobo could be failing: Freezing

How do I make sure?

Current issues:
  • will crash on start up siting hardware error
  • sometimes will not post and mouse and keyboard will not light up but fans going
  • have to reinstall windows constantly. It will be sucessful sometimes and after awhile become corrupted
  • difficulty always seeing both ssd and hdd

The last time what I did to get it to work was take out one of my graphics cards. It posted, and I could install windows. I put it back in and got it to start up again (previously wasn't even posting) and errors started again. Idk if this means anything. I'm thinking it may just be coincidence. 750W should be enough, and I was running on it before. It would be weird if all of a sudden it is not enough power. So I'm still thinking the mobo? Thoughts before I go and buy another one?

CPU: Intel Core i7 920
Ram: 12GB 1600 Mhz DDR3
Mobo: ASUS P6T
PSU: 750W PC Power & Cooling
Druid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 06:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie
Default Re: How to verify motherboard is failing?

This sounds like an issue with your boot drive, it may be failing.
Try running Crystal Disk Info.
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Build to be updated, a reminder to myself.
GhOsT1321 is offline   Reply With Quote