How often should you re-apply thermal compound?

Status
Not open for further replies.
TMPIN2 has a scary high temp. Is your northbridge hot to the touch?

EDIT: Did some searching and that motherboard seems to have a NB heat issue so I would check that.

Which one is the north bridge?

Also, is there any way I can manually control my fan speeds?

Northbridge is right where that passive block is, below your CPU slot.

You can get a fan controller, otherwise do it through BIOS or software as fanspeed.

Then yes, the north bridge is hot to the touch. Not REALLY hot to the point where I can't keep my finger on it, but it's fairly warm.

I've tried tweaking my fan speeds through SpeedFan but I have no idea what I'm doing. I have RivaTuner 2.24 as well. I use that to up my video card fan speed but that's it. I'm scared to touch anything else since I don't know anything about tweaking.

Can someone please explain how to tweak my fan speeds?

edit - Ah.. I have to first turn off my fan control in BIOS huh? Well crap I don't know how to configure BIOS haha.

Nope, not a painful warm.

Well I just went into BIOS and into "PC Health Status" and disabled the first thing. I forget what it said. Something about the fan control. I went into SpeedFan after I logged in and set the min/max fan speeds and the desired/warning temperatures and the numbers are going down slightly.

I have the back case fan and 2 side fans blowing in and the CPU, top, and bottom front blowing out. I also unhooked the spring from the unused CD-ROM door and left that open to let any warm air at the top of the case vent out. I have to re-organize my cables though because it's a mess inside the case. I doubt the air flow is very efficient.

The problem is, when I go into msconfig, I don't see SpeedFan as a choice for me to be able to set it to load with startup. How can I add it?

Your fan in the front should be blowing in and the back fan should be blowing out. Hot air rises so you want your lowest fan/fans blowing cool air in and your highest fans/fans exhausting the hot air out.

put a shortcut of the program in the startup folder in the all program menu.

Ah, thanks!

Your fan in the front should be blowing in and the back fan should be blowing out. Hot air rises so you want your lowest fan/fans blowing cool air in and your highest fans/fans exhausting the hot air out.

That makes sense. Guess I'll shut down and fix it again. I originally didn't do it this way because the higher side fan blows air right in front of the rear case fan so I thought it would be pointless to blow the rear one out. But we'll find out I guess.

Thanks guys! Appreciate all your help a lot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom