how much should I pay for it

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwokwai

In Runtime
Hi, everyone!

Christmas is coming, and I am buying some presents.

I saw a MB in a market mainly selling second-hand items.

Here are the details of the MB:

P4M800PRO-M V1.0A
FOrm Factor: Micro ATX
Chipset: P4M800PRO&8237R+
VGA/AUDIO: YES/YES
MODEN/LAN: NO/YES
DDR2/DDR: 2/2
PCI/AGP: 3/1
P4FSB: 1066

I wondered if it is an all-in-one MB, and how much I
should pay for it.

Any ideas?

its a VIA mobo it has onboard sound and video so you wont need seperate cards unless you plan to play the latest games.

it looks nice supports both DDR and DDR2 and online it looks about $40-$50 which seems like a fair price.

EDIT: oh just read 2nd hand then Id expect to pay under £40 ;)

baronvongogo said:
its a VIA mobo it has onboard sound and video so you wont need seperate cards unless you plan to play the latest games.

it looks nice supports both DDR and DDR2 and online it looks about $40-$50 which seems like a fair price.

EDIT: oh just read 2nd hand then Id expect to pay under £40 ;)

Thanks!
Do you think it can be used to build a new PC?

Yes its a nice mobo considering it does DDR and DDR2 ram also supports the latest intel processors such as core 2 duo. The only down side is its AGP but if you dont play top end games that wont matter anyway.

Solid PC, if you don't plan on gaming, but if you plan on it, get a decent video card, like an X800 Radeon or GeForce 7300 gt and maybe a sound card (its that 50$ you really don't need to spend)

The 7300 is a piece of junk, get atleast a 7600. The x800 is a good cheapie card though.

are you sure that board supports core 2 duo,, its seems kinda old in the sense that it doesnt have pci express, theres probably better boards out there

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom