How do you describe this? Hang? Freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to uninstall all the ATI and Nvidia Drivers. Then go into Safe Mode and run Driver Sweeper again but this time check the box for both ATI and Nvidia Video Drivers. Restart the computer and then install just the newest Nvidia Drivers Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Yup, I uninstalled the ATI drivers as well; although checking back at Device Manager, the default integrated GPU was listed under Display Adapters (before installing the new drivers)
Then when I reinstalled the newest nvidia driver for my GPU (266.58), the same hanging/freezing/lagging issue came up, along with the "266.58 has stopped responding and successfully recovered" issue (Event ID 4101: Display driver nvlddmkm stopped responding and has successfully recovered.)

I will be trying to see if a previous version works.

If I can't find any solutions at all I'm going to blow my brains out.

Nope, I actually went to Device Manager and uninstalled from there. But since I'm desperate I guess I'll try uninstalling it from the Control Panel..

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

Please follow our instructions closely.

Okay no change.
So I went to Control Panel and uninstalled the "NVIDIA Graphics Driver 266.58." The screen proceeded to go black. I force restarted my computer and screen came back up, and booted in Safe Mode. I ran Driver Sweeper and removed the remaining pieces of the Nvidia files (minus Chipset drivers). Then I restarted the computer once again in regular boot mode and installed 266.58 again.
No change: still getting the Event ID 4101 error (previously mentioned) and running Youtube or fullscreen games still had the same lag/hang/freeze symptoms.

The screen proceeded to go black. I force restarted my computer

That does not mean that it was removed from the computer. It maybe never finished. Try going into safe mode, uninstall, from control panel.

Okay, I ended up solving the Event ID 4101 problem after reinstalling the operating system.

Now, back to my primary issue, I have a beta 267.46 version (latest WHQL-approved is 266.58). And I'm still running into my problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom