How do you describe this? Hang? Freeze?

Status
Not open for further replies.

turboxchaz

In Runtime
So basically, whenever I start a game or even a Youtube clip, or just any high demanding application (even a 100KB+ picture) my computer seems to lag loading it up. This only occurs momentarily, perhaps 1-2 seconds within opening the application.

Now, when I mean lag, think of it this way: When I play music and this happens, the music lags and kind of "slows down". Also, when I move my mouse, it lags too, looks almost choppy

I hope that was enough for a description, now how do I fix it?

Also, I'm not sure if it's related or not (probably is), after a number of these lags/hangs my computer may end up freezing entirely in which I have to force reset.

Event Viewer: There were no outstanding errors that may have caused this issue except:
Code:
[b]Event ID 3057[/b]
{tid=A2C}
The Application Virtualization Client Core initialized correctly. 
Installed Product: 
Version: 4.6.0.1523
Install Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Application Virtualization Client
Global Data Directory: C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\
Machine Name: KPCHAZ_WIN7
Operating System: Windows 7 64-bit Service Pack 0.0 Build 7600
OSD Command:
Code:
[b]Event ID 3191[/b]
{tid=A2C}
-------------------------------------------------------- Initialized client log (C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Application Virtualization Client\sftlog.txt)
Code:
[b]Event ID 1530[/b]

Windows detected your registry file is still in use by other applications or services. The file will be unloaded now. The applications or services that hold your registry file may not function properly afterwards.  

DETAIL - 
 1 user registry handles leaked from \Registry\User\S-1-5-21-516900705-2687635970-3638354416-1000:
Process 3396 (\Device\HarddiskVolume1\Windows\SysWOW64\wbem\WmiPrvSE.exe) has opened key \REGISTRY\USER\S-1-5-21-516900705-2687635970-3638354416-1000\Control Panel\International
Code:
[b]Event ID[/b]
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x00000116 (0xfffffa800732e4e0, 0xfffff88011f79cf8, 0xffffffffc00000b5, 0x000000000000000a). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: .
^I don't know how to upload a dmp file..

Additional Information:
http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/5788/cpuq.png
http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/4231/tempw.png

Your error code 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. We take it you built this system? If so, go to Asus' website and find their webpage for your exact model. Then update the latest offerings that they have for both your integrated video and sound.

* You may want to also consider updating your chipset drivers as well.

Is it really necessary to update my integrated video, even if I'm using something else? (e.g. first priority in BIOS is PCI)

My bad; didn't see the GTX 460 in your specs. Try the following...

1. Download Driver Sweeper free version to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Sweeper but ONLY for the video card drivers. I had someone use it on their chipset drivers! If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay; just leave all other drivers alone.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

^Huh? Can you elaborate? haha

And I have a slight speculation that my PSU is involved in this. I used a wattage calculator the other day and the recommended wattage was like 600-650W, because I also factored in the number of USB ports I use and whatnot (about 6).
Also I'm not sure how much more wattage would be used when I increase voltages on the CPU, RAM, and Chipsets..

Edit: Still happens...and in fact, happens more frequently because my system this time was hanging about 2 times before I could finish this sentence..

Yeah I did the driver sweeper procedure once already and it was buggy. I will be trying again to see if it works this time.

Edit: Nope, still the same thing.

Looking at your sig I see ATI Radeon HD 4200 Integrated and eVGA GTX 460 768MB. Do you have the ATI disabled? Have you ever used the ATI graphics? Do you still have the ATI drivers installed?

Yeah, I have it disabled under BIOS, although going through Driver Sweeper, the drivers still exist. I don't think that's a good idea to uninstall them though?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom