How Do I Solder Ram in My Laptop?

I got a laptop with ram thats soldered. I'd like to know how I can solder more ram.

Normally with a soldered RAM you wont be able to, unless the MB can be hacked as additional space may/will be required.. e.g eeePC netbooks have lots of hacks as you can modify the netbook to fit more hardware.

BUT you still need to check if the CPU/MB can support more RAM?

Normally with a soldered RAM you wont be able to, unless the MB can be hacked as additional space may/will be required.. e.g eeePC netbooks have lots of hacks as you can modify the netbook to fit more hardware.

BUT you still need to check if the CPU/MB can support more RAM?

Yes the MB & CPU can support the extrs ram. WHere can I find out more about this? I'm very interested in soldering more ram.

It's very very unlikely to be worth the hassle and potential damage it might cause.

You won't be able to solder on additional RAM, but you might be able to replace the RAM current integrated with a higher capacity version of the same model. This means you'll need to source something almost identical, go through the relatively dangerous process of detaching the old one and attaching the new one, and hoping it works. I doubt you can find what you need on Ebay, but I could be wrong.

Readyboost died a while ago. You may as well use and SSD or Hybrid Drive and get better performance.

But to deal with the initial question. I would say font do it, not unless you are ok with it going wrong and needing to buy a new device or board.

You will need to be very good with an iron to remove/replace any modern day parts.
I don't even know if you could buy the parts, and if you can you may have to pay too much for it to be worth it.

I put a hybrid drive in my laptop and couldn't be happier with the performance upgrade in it. Was like a new laptop, I don't game or do any heavy work with it but just the average use it was a very noticeable upgrade in performance.

I put a hybrid drive in my laptop and couldn't be happier with the performance upgrade in it. Was like a new laptop, I don't game or do any heavy work with it but just the average use it was a very noticeable upgrade in performance.
What the hell are you talking about? What does a hyvrid drive have to do with soldering ram?

Back
Top Bottom