How do I get PCI-Express SSD to be recognized before SATA SSD?

earwicker7

In Runtime
One of my RAID drives (they were both SATA2 SSD) died, so I bought a PCI-Express SSD to replace it for the boot drive, with the intention of using the remaining SATA2 drive as a data drive.

The PCI-E drive works fine; I've installed Windows with no problem, and it runs fine until I plug in the SATA2 drive. When I do this, it tries to boot from the SATA2 drive, then says that the boot information is missing.

How do I force the motherboard to recognize that the PCI-E drive should be the C drive?

Go into Your BIOS and depending on your motherboard you will need to look around and find the option to select the order of the drives. What is your motherboard?

Go into Your BIOS and depending on your motherboard you will need to look around and find the option to select the order of the drives. What is your motherboard?

It's a Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD9. I know there is a boot order option, but I thought it was only hard drive vs. DVD vs. floppy, etc. I'll look around tonight and see if there is something that specifies which drive.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom