how do I eliminate a virus?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then run check disk to correct those errors then go thru the process of cleaning the system. ;)

Since you do not have the recovery CD i would suggest booting into safemode to backup your files. The reinstall windows.

If you do not have a windows CD, and have no way of backup up your files 250 dollars would be a reasonable price if he GUARANTEES that he can fix the boot issue and your files will be safe. I would charge around 150, but if a total format was involved it would be around 200.

Sorry you're having issues.

I had a small break through today! After reading all the suggestions, i have tried a system restore from the desktop. After doing this, the computer runs at a fraction of 10% faster. But the problem still persists. After trying to access Mozilla firefox and a word document, the computers performance started running slower and slower until it stopped operating and froze.. I have now switched it back on!!!

I am now going to run check disk, but I have no idea on how to "clean the system"

All your advise and hints are helping me solve my problem and saving me a few $$$ that i seriously don't have at the moment!

Thank you

After you do the check disk go through our spyware guide. Next best step. From there we can work to solve it more.

I can get into safe mode!

I seem to have mistaken check disk with disk cleanup.
How do i do a check disk

Are there any new suggestions for me please

Go to Start -> Run and type "cmd" in the box without the quotes. Then type "chkdsk /f C:" again without quotes. Replace the letter C with your drive letter if your main drive isn't C. A message will come up saying that a disk check cannot be performed now and would you like to perform one the next time the system starts. Press Y and enter.

Restart your computer and the check will be performed. Let it run through until Windows starts up.

Have you gone thru the guide yet? I dont see a hijack this log i our analyze area for review. So i assume that you havent. Go thru the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom